Why ARMYs Need To Stop
ARMYs really ruined BTS for me tbh… I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately and I’m just so tired and wanna rant
Before I continue, yes I understand that not all ARMYs are toxic, a lot of you are some of the nicest coolest people I’ve ever talked to
But because BTS is so big and the fandom has grown, there are plenty of toxic people within it now and it’s soooo fucking annoying
ARMYs start shit all the time now… like all the time, they say whatever whenever because they think BTS are THE only talented Kpop group for some dumb reason
“This groups rappers could never compare to ours” “Ok but has anyone noticed they’re copying BTS?” “It’s cool that your group won that little award, but BTS went to the BBMAs so…”
I’m so sick and tired of this shit
I know that in some cases y’all are just trying to defend yourselves, but honestly the majority of the time now, I see ARMYs starting stuff before anyone else, not just saying things out of defense
Y’all constantly talk down on other groups like they aren’t talented or something, just because BTS went to the BBMAs, well news flash: Western recognition for a band doesn’t determine their level of talent
All Kpop groups are talented and have worked very hard to get where they are
YES! Even idols under the big three companies! They all trained for years, stay up late working on songs and choreo, and put in lots of time to be the best artists they can be
All Kpop idols have put in their fair share of time and work to be recognized. They all deserve recognition. I’m proud of all of them.
Let me repeat that:
THEY ALL DESERVE RECOGNITION
Let me say this again:
BTS IS NOT THE ONLY KPOP BAND WORTHY OF BEING LOVED AND PRAISED
Don’t get me wrong, I love BTS, and I have for many years. The boys are so talented and I’m glad people are seeing that
I’m just annoyed that y’all will shit on every other band, start rumors about members, and trend rude things about them on Twitter because of your weird obsession of keeping BTS at the “top.”
Which once again, I’ll mention, getting recognized in America isn’t really the “top.”
BTS love other Kpop bands. They love being friends with them and hanging out with them. I’m sure it rips their hearts out when you attack their friends for no good reason.
Other bands deserve the love BTS has, so stop acting this way. It’s embarrassing for the rest of the fandom that knows better and it’s embarrassing for BTS. The way y’all talk about them now paints them as arrogant jerks, but we all know they are far better than that. I’m tired of hearing
“BTS knows they’re better than all other groups” “They won’t let other groups ride on their coattails” “BTS knows they ended all other groups”
Like seriously stop, BTS doesn’t think that way about other groups, those people are their friends, they’re not constantly trying to show them up or be above them.
BTS is doing what they love. They’re making music and sharing it with the world. But because of you guys their messages don’t come off the same way they used to. And people don’t see them the same way anymore either.
You’ve turned them into a spectacle, not artists.
“There’s that Kpop group with the crazy fandom”
It’s not about you ARMY. It’s about the boys you’re supposed to love and support and carry through everything.
It’s not about starting fanwars or acting like other groups aren’t as talented. It’s about sharing how amazing BTS is and showing the world how truly talented they are.
Just share positivity. You know that’s what your boys want. They want you to be kind to others and enjoy their music. Stop constantly hating other groups and accusing them of copying BTS and other such nonsense. (Y’all almost ruining Minos life the other day by passing around misinformation bc that’s how ready y’all are to destroy anyone who isn’t BTS is a whole different rant of mine).
Just love. Spread love. Be kind. Support don’t discourage. Lift up don’t take down. Love don’t hate. I know you know better ARMY. Do better for your boys
-Someone who has made her own mistakes in the past and just wants all of us to move past silly fanwars and unnecessary hatred
Trust me, I know from my own experience that passing around hate helps nothing, be bigger, be better, be kinder
THIS IS A REMINDER FOR ALL FANDOMS, YOU CAN ALL LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS, DONT START HATE OR WARS
ARMYs aren’t the only ones to blame for unnecessary hate, so I hope you will all take this to heart
An edit to the original post for anyone about to comment what I’ve already been reading in comments today:
1. Yes I know, not all ARMYs, I clarified this originally, I know there’s plenty of people within ARMY who aren’t toxic, I get that, I’m just saying that ARMY grew significantly recently for obvious reasons and therefore by sheer numbers of new fans, there’s a lot more toxicity within this fandom recently, many new fans don’t know how to act and surprisingly I’ve seen a lot of people feeding into their attitudes instead of condemning them for starting shit
2. If you comment hate below this post you’re just proving my point
3. Yes I understand that other fandoms are toxic too, I understand that there’s toxic people in all fandoms, I concentrated on ARMY bc they’re the fandom the whole world is looking at right now due to BTS going to the BBMAs, however just because I used ARMY as an example doesn’t mean what I’m saying doesnt apply to all fandoms, it was a message for all of you to take to heart and understand that fan wars are ridiculous and they need to stop, and if we just let toxic people be and ignore it instead of condemning it as some people suggested, the toxic people will just get worse since they aren’t facing consequences for their harmful behavior, everyone needs to be kept in check
4. My only message here is to stop hate, it’s not to encourage you to push blame to another fandom, or try to argue why someone else is worse. I wasn’t trying to tell y’all you’re wrong for only liking one group. It’s completely ok to like one group and one group only. But it’s not ok to be rude in any way or form to another. That’s my whole message. Stop hate.
5. Something else I guess I didn’t word well, sorry: you can think your favs are the best, that’s why they’re your favs, in your own personal opinion they’re the best, my real problem is when you specifically put down another group to call them the best aka (as I’ve seen on twitter before) “it’s sad that people listen to SVT and not bts when their rap line can’t even rap” THATS when I have a problem with it, go ahead and support your favs and call them the best, but don’t use your own personal opinion of what’s best to put down other groups
If you’re about to comment about the fact that people should just be able to separate their love for a band from the fandom, please go ahead and read the comments to see how many examples there are of people having such scarring times with ARMYs that they literally cannot even look at BTS anymore, once again, I didn’t write this post for you to try to move blame, the whole world is looking at you right now ARMY, you’re causing people to avoid BTS and Kpop altogether, you really cannot separate the two when you love a band because when you scroll through tags and social media to learn more about them, you just see that stuff, it’s not avoidable, and ya, you can ignore it for awhile, but sometimes it becomes overwhelming, and like people in the comments have mentioned, sometimes they were part of ARMY but because of mistreatment by others, being in the fandom and loving BTS were ruined by them, don’t you dare lecture people about “separating fandom and band”
I need you people who are commenting hate below this post to really stop and think what you’re making yourself look like to everyone who reads it
Also big shoutout to the ARMYs reading this post that are legitimately reading the whole thing, actually considering what I’m saying, agreeing with me, giving legitimate and respectful arguments where they think I’m wrong, and not just seeing that this was about ARMY and immediately sending a flurry of rude comments my way without even considering what I was saying, y’all are amazing, thank you for being so graceful about this